Monday, June 23, 2008

What a weekend....

Wow... we were looking forward to a weekend at home to relax, get a little house work done, work out in the yard and so on.... well our weekend turned out to be way more exciting than that....
Friday we went out to our friends Stacey and Shawn's for a BBQ. I ate till I couldn't eat anymore, I laughed 'till my stomach hurt, and I had a little too much wine.... all was good.
We had a blast!
Saturday ...surprising to me ... no headache!
I got up early and quickly cleaned the house. Waiting the arrival of our 'first' set of company...my parents. We did a little yard work and then had a good visit with my parents over some drinks...
just what I needed... My cousin and her fiance stopped in for a short visit also ... they are so in love and excited about the arrival of a baby in November. I am so happy for them. We had to cut that visit short to go and meet up for dinner with a couple that use to be our neighbors and now live in Ontario... they moved away 4 years ago. It was nice to see them. We went to Nicks steak house??? Probably not a restaurant that I would go to often but it was OK. It was nice to catch up with them but at this point Mark and I were exhausted! We got home at 11:30 and hit the hay!
Sunday morning.... again.... I was up early because I could not sleep in! I am not sure what is up with that... I enjoy sleeping usually... Could be that I am coming down with a cold now....
Dad and I had a coffee and then I got a phone call ....it was my sister in law....wondering if we were busy and if they could drop in for a visit... of course I said yes!.... they came at 11:00 for lunch and a play with Jenna, Kathy and Rob have two busy boys 3 1/2 and 20 months old.
Mom and Dad left when Kathy,Rob and the boys showed up.... too many kids under the age of 18 for my Dad.....
My parents went to view an apartment and to my surprise ended up renting it.... they move in September 2nd... I am thrilled to finally have my parents close to me.... I think?

Kathy and Rob and the kids left at 3:00 ish and my pal Karla showed up to drop of some baseball stuff for Mark( my husband) .... I needed a drink at this point so made her stay for a few minutes while I create an awesome steak dinner for my next set of company.... Marks brother and NEW girlfriend.
Karla left and now Jeff and Jody showed up..... I like Jeff's new girlfriend ... ALOT.... she is normal , cute, trendy, and likes wine.... she is like me! ha ha ! except the normal part... tee hee!
We hit it off and really enjoyed the night. They left about 8:30 and then my cold settled in to my head and I felt like CRAP.... I took some good drugs and CRASHED!
All in all we had a great weekend catching up with everyone. Now it is Monday and I'm looking forward to another busy baseball weekend camping in Sherwood park.... what will we do when the 'running stops'?

Ah yes... and I should also mention that I purchased a new cell phone on Saturday... due to the tragic event of my virgin mobile cell phone. It had a near drowning experience during a cycle in the laundry. I plead innocent....further investigation into the injured virgin mobile cellular phone is being conducted and the new suspect is a 3 yr old female. Witness's state she had the phone concealed in a pocket of a hoodie and was not notice prior to the load of laundry being place into the machine that was rapidly filling with hot soapy water. When the phone was recovered immediate attention was given by the accused at the time. Due to some internal damage the phone is now only functioning while be plugged in. With only a few minutes left the family will be forced to pull the plug and lay to rest.
My new 'big girl' phone is up and running and very vibrant.... It's pink!

This ends my weekend and I am welcoming Monday with positive thoughts.....
Until next time TTFN...

2 comments:

Twink said...

sounds like you had a great weekend. Sorry I missed most of ya.. I did see a bit of ya on Friday night. I must say, I am a bit surprised that you didn't have a headache the next day.

Twink said...

p.s we had the same title for our weekend posts.. Must be samesies.